What we do
Future Trends Research
“The only constant in life is change.”
Technology and culture are changing faster than at any time in human history.
Change can be a threat, but it can also offer fantastic opportunities.
The ability to identify and respond effectively to new trends is a crucial ingredient in business success.
It is easy enough to discover what is trending today. But to really get ahead of the curve, it is necessary to understand what will shape the world of tomorrow.
Our Future Trends Research service will help you discover:
- How your market is likely to change.
- How new technology will affect your market.
- How you need to adapt to changing tastes and preferences.
- What new products or services your market might want.
- What new opportunities you can exploit.
- What new threats you need to be aware of.
New Product Development
Market research helps ensure that new product development work is guided by robust, evidence-based, inputs from your market.
Our New Product Development service will help you discover:
- Market-led inspiration to kick-start your R&D.
- How to refine your rough ideas into a tangible product or service concept that aligns with market needs.
- How to test and refine early stage concepts into a product concept that is ready for market.
- What key features you need to include/exclude to finalise your design.
- What potential customers think of your prototype.
“You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology, not the other way around.”
“If you have a great product and service paired with the wrong pricing strategy / business model, you don’t have a business.”
Price is one of the four key elements of the marketing mix.
Pricing strategy is a balancing act.
Price too high and sales volumes will be poor.
Price too low and you will miss out on the margins you could easily have achieved.
Our Pricing Strategy research service can help you get that balance just right.
Customer Journey and Buyer Behaviour
Why do customers come to make the choices they make?
What makes them buy your brand?
What is the process that leads to one person becoming a customer and another not?
You need a clear view of the “customer journey”. This will tell you the key touchpoints in the buying process and how best to influence them.
Our service helps you discover:
- A clearer understanding of the key touch points and interactions prospects have with your brand.
- The journey they take from being unaware of your brand to becoming a customer.
- How this varies for different groups of people.
- How their experiences (positive and negative) determine the outcome.
- How to influence the customer journey to get the best results.
“People do not buy goods and services, they buy relations, stories and magic.”
“If you are not a brand, you are a commodity.”
Whether you just need answers to a simple question or are facing complex challenges; we can give you the insight you need to help manage your brand image.
Our Brand Management service can help you discover…
- Awareness of where your brand is in the market.
- How your brand is perceived vs. your competitors.
- How open prospects are to buying your brand in future (and what you can do to improve this).
- The key ingredients of an attractive brand proposition for your market.
- What impact of your marketing efforts are making on perceptions of your brand.
- How best to manage a re-branding. Providing your brand design agency with a cogent, evidence based, brief.
- How best to rationalise / update a portfolio of legacy brands.
- How best to bring two legacy brands together.
Market Profiling and Segmentation
To be successful you need to understand your market. Robust market intelligence provides a firm foundation for business planning.
Perhaps you need answers to some fairly basic questions:
- How big is my market?
- How is it structured?
- Who are the key competitors?
- How is it likely to grow?
- What channels should I use?
- What do customers expect?
Or, perhaps, you need help with more challenging questions:
- Are there groups of potential customers that you have been missing out on for some reason? If so who, and why?
- Are you currently targeting the right people? If not, who should you target?
- Could different messaging allow you to reach new customers? If so, how can you fine tune your approach?
All markets usually consist of diverse groups of different types of customers. They don’t all think and act the same and one size only rarely ever fits all. Understanding who these different groups are and what makes them tick can provide you with a significant advantage.
Our market profiling and segmentation services can help you discover more about your market and how to engage with it.
“People who mean to be their own governors should arm themselves with the power that knowledge gives.”
“If you build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.”
Customer satisfaction impacts customer loyalty, advocacy and hence revenue. High customer satisfaction helps you:
- Get more repeat business from happy customers. And…
- Get more recommendations, positive reviews and ratings from your customers which, in turn, encourages prospects to buy.
It is not surprising then, that measuring customer satisfaction has long been seen as a critical performance metric by many businesses and their investors.
We can help you design and run a robust customer satisfaction research programme.
We can offer a range of services to suit your needs, including:
- Full-service project design, execution and reporting
- Help with questionnaire design for those who want to run their own survey in-house.
- Help with analysis, if you’ve run a survey and want a professional researcher to help you get the most from your data.
Whatever you specific need, we can help you discover how to better engage with your customers, win more repeat business and improve advocacy for your brand.
Thought Leadership and Content Marketing
In a single 30-day period in the autumn of 2020, the Financial Times published 70 news items that referenced surveys on their website.
The media likes the hard numbers that market research generates – when done right, it gives journalists with something tangible and interesting to write about.
It’s a good way to generate marketing content that will attract not only media interest but also helps to engage with new prospects.
When elevated to the level of Thought Leadership it can help position your brand as experts in your field, demonstrating a genuine understanding of your market.
We have over 20 years of media experience, working alongside journalists. This provides us with an insider view what is likely to resonate best with a media audience.
Contact us to discover how we can help you use market research to enhance your content marketing and position your brand as a Thought Leader.
“If everyone is thinking alike, then no-one is thinking.”
“The Public is the only critic whose opinion means anything at all.”
Opinion polls can come in many different shapes and sizes.
At one end of the scale they can be simple surveys that are quick, easy and very inexpensive to run.
Others may require reaching out to niche audiences or will need careful design to ensure they are truly representative.
But have you noticed how many opinion polls you see reported in the news seem to keep going over the same old ground? Or that, more often than not, they fail to get to the real heart of a question? Or that what they have to say can sometimes feel obvious or superficial?
With over 30 years of experience of designing surveys to measure attitudes and opinions we have developed a deep understanding of how best to go about it. We always set out to design the incisive and thoughtful line of questioning needed to get a truly in-depth view of what people think and, crucially, why they think it.
Contact us to discover more about using market research to get to the real heart of public attitudes and opinions.